- The following data can be automatically captured from
the DICOM image data or can be specified by the operator
at any time during the measurement process:
- Angiographic view.
- Anatomic location of the lesion.
- An operator supplied comment.
- Calibration catheter type and size.
- Pushbutton controls are used to:
- Initiate manual editing of the automatically-detected
walls, lesion ends and reference markers.
- Print a complete QCA report with the data and the
image shown on the report screen, plus a full image
frame showing the selected region of interest and Patient, Study,
Series and Image information.
- Send a complete report by e-mail.
- For each lesion, the following data are calculated:
- Minimum, maximum and mean diameter.
- Lesion length. The beginning and end of the lesion
are determined automatically using statistical
- Stenosis reference ("normal") diameter.
The reference diameter is determined automatically
using statistical techniques.
- Percent stenosis.
- A magnified view of the lesion and detected borders is
displayed together with:
- The automatically-detected beginning and end of the
- The point of minimum luminal diameter (MLD) within
- The automatically calculated reference
diameter. Two reference diameters, distal and proximal
to the lesion, are usually calculated and averaged.
However, as in this case, if the lesion is distal to a
major side branch, only a single distal reference
diameter is calculated.
QCAPlus uses a state-of-the-art edge detection algorithm that is
based on the least-cost minimization of the sum of the first and
second derivatives of the vessel edge.
In cases of complex lesion morphology or
anatomy, it is possible to supply the edge detector with the
approximate location of both sides of the lesion instead of
The accuracy of QCAPlus has been thoroughly validated at
Stanford University and several other major medical research
institutions. It has been used in numerous clinical trials.
QCAPlus can also be used to quantitate vascular
angiography. Support is provided for calibration using
vascular sizing catheters.
Click here to find out more
about purchasing QCAPlus
Sanders Data Systems for more information.
Copyright © 2010 (Sanders Data Systems). All rights reserved.